INDUSTRY COMPREHENSIVE SURVEY
The Australian Virtual Assistant Industry Comprehensive Survey is the first national comprehensive study of the Australian Virtual Business industry to document its development, growth and impact on small business, entrepreneurs and solopreneurs.
Over 300 professional, self-employed VAs provide remote business support services Australia-wide and were invited to participate in the survey – 146 responded (48.6%).
The survey collected statistical data on best practice, operations and procedures used in running a successful VA business and documented industry demographics, marketing, technology, compensation, prospective niche categories as well as a thorough snapshot of services offered by industry professionals.
The Australian Virtual Assistant Industry Comprehensive Survey is a tool that can be used both as a benchmark for professional business growth and as an industry promotion tool, the results of which will offer an important reference document for VAs, the media and businesses seeking documented data on one of the fastest growing work-from-home industries not just in Australia, but worldwide.
Find a preview of what you’ll receive here:
Key Statistics arising from the Survey Results
The following Key Statistics present some of the important findings from the Australian Virtual Assistant Industry Comprehensive Survey:
- Of 146 respondents, statistics show that the majority of individuals (70.6%) fall with the 30-59 year age range.
- 47.2% of respondents have been in business for less than 2 years.
- A whopping 81% of respondents stated that the reason for starting their practice was to gain the flexibility/freedom to control their own hours, income, etc.
- Despite their business being “virtual” and accessible globally, respondents stated that the geographical location of the MAJORITY of their clients is local, in the VAs own city (36.5%).
- 91.4% of respondents state that placing testimonials on their website and offering time-saving ideas are the best ways to show prospects the value of using virtual support.
- 86.6% possess extensive on-the-job experience/training in employment
- 51.9% work in a specific niche specialty and identified 40 niche markets where they utilize their skills
- 92.4% use some type of time tracking system, 90.8% depend on mobile phones as their telephone system of choice, and 59.5% do not use collaborative software.
Survey results clearly show that the tried and true avenue for marketing their practice is by word of mouth (41.4%) with online marketing (53.70%) and networking (58.90%) being the most popular methods.
It also identifies the favorite social media venues, and most active business-related clubs and associations professional Virtual Assistants join. This study describes, in the respondents’ own words, reasons clients choose to work with VAs instead of hiring in-house support staff.
The above is only a small sampling of data collected from the 110 question survey.
Click here to purchase your copy of the 67 page Australian Virtual Assistant Industry Comprehensive Survey at a cost of just $US59.97
Want a copy of the 15 page summary which is available for purchase at a cost of just US$9.97.
Purchase Summary Report